It’s very important to eat a healthy diet in order to keep yourself in best shape possible. Just find out what you should be eating on daily basis.
If you are what you eat, then it indicates that you want to stick to a healthy diet which is well balanced.
Healthy Diet; The Building Blocks
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Food Pyramid and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) suggests that for healthy diet plans each day you must eat following healthy food:
- 6 to 8 servings of grains. These include pasta, rice, bread and cereal at least 3(three) servings should be from whole grains. Firstly, a serving of rice or pasta is 1/2 cup cooked (1 ounce dry) and a serving of bread is one slice. while a serving of cereal is 1/2 (cooked) to just 1 cup (ready-to-eat).
- 4 to 6 servings of vegetables and 2 to 4 servings of fruits. According to science, most fruits and vegetables are naturally very low in fat, make them a great addition to your healthy diet. Additionally, Fruits and vegetables will give flavor to a healthy eating. Fruits and vegetables also include in healthy diet and provide vitamins, fiber, and minerals you need for your body’s system to function at peak performance. A serving of cooked or raw vegetables is same as to 1/2 cup (1 cup for leafy greens) and a serving of a fruit is equal to 1/2 cup or a fresh fruit the size of like a tennis ball.
- 2 to 3 servings of milk, cheese and yogurt. Choose dairy products in wise way. Go for reduced-fat or fat-free milk or cheeses. In many recipes Substitute yogurt or sour cream and nobody will notice the difference. A serving of dairy is equal to 1 cup of yogurt or milk or 1.5 to 2 ounces of cheese.
- 2 to 3 servings of fish, meat, poultry, dry beans, nuts and eggs. For a healthy diet, the best ways to prepare poultry, beef, veal, fish and lamb is to broil them. Before cooking remove all visible fat or skin, and season with herbs and fat-free marinades. Some crossover foods like dried beans, lentils and peanut butter can provide proteins without the cholesterol and animal fat which you get from meats. Fish is also helpful in diabetes diet.
- Use oils, fats and sweets sparingly. Not a single diet should completely eliminate any one food group, even oils, fats and sweets. It’s good to include them in your diet as long it’s on occasion and in moderation.
Healthy Diet; Eat Right thing and the Right Amount
How much amount of calories you need in a day depends on your sex, body type, age and how active you are. In general, active children ages (2 to 8) need between 1400 and 2000 calories in a day. Active teenage girls as well as women can consume about 2200 calories in a day without gaining weight. Active Teenage boys and men should consume about 3000 calories in a day to maintaining weight. Your calorie should drop by 400 to 600 calories in a day if you’re not active.
Healthy Diet; Exercise must be a Part of the Plan
At the end of the new USDA food pyramid is a space for exercise. Exercise is an essential component of a healthy diet and of good nutrition.